The Alaska Professional Hunters Association, Inc. has an annual animal awards program for both Safari Club International (SCI) and Boone & Crocket (B&C) awards. Each set of awards recognizes outstanding trophy animals harvested during the previous calendar year.
2018 entries are for animals taken during 2018
2018 entries are for animals taken during 2017
The WSF/APHA Outstanding Animal Award goes to the Guide-Outfitter whose client takes the highest ranking Boone and Crockett animal from the list below. The winning Guide-Outfitter receives an award rifle and plaque during our Annual Banquet in December. The Guide-Outfitter must be a Professional Member of APHA when the animal was taken and the client must be guided and on contract. The animal must be scored using the Boone and Crockett scoring method, a copy of the State of Alaska Hunt Record and Photograph must be submitted for the entry to be valid.
The SCI/APHA Animal Awards are awarded to the top three ranking animals of each species taken during the previous calendar year. Recognition is given and awards are presented at the APHA Annual Banquet which takes place in December. Plaques will be given to both the hunter and Guide-Outfitter. The Guide-Outfitter must be a Professional Member of APHA when the animal was taken and the client must be guided and on contract. The animal must be scored using the new SCI scoring method, a copy of the State of Alaska Hunt Record and photograph must be submitted with the entry to be valid.
• Brown Bear
• Grizzly Bear
• Dall Sheep
• Rocky Mt. Goat
• Black Bear
• Sitka Blacktail Deer
Entries are due no later than October 1st of the current year.
All entries MUST be mailed or emailed to the APHA office. Entries that are mailed must be postmarked by October 1st.
**Entries will not be accepted by fax.
The following must be submitted with the form(s) in order for the entry to be valid:
1. APHA Animal Award Entry Form
2. State of Alaska Hunt Record
3. SCI Score Sheet (for APHA/SCI Animal Award Entry)
4. Boone & Crockett Score Sheet (for APHA/FNAWS Outstanding Animal Award)
5. Photo of Animal Entry
Entries are due no later than October 1st.
**Please note: To enter the same animal for both SCI and B&C awards, you must have separate entry forms for each with the appropriate scoring form attached.
• Failure to include legible copies of State of Alaska Hunt Records and appropriate score sheets will result in disqualification of entry.
• Entries without photos included will not be entered.
• The submitting guide-outfitter (listed on State of Alaska Hunt Record) must be a Professional Member of APHA and must have been a member of APHA when the animal was taken.
• You must include a Boone & Crockett Score Sheet for an entry to be eligible for the "Outstanding Animal Award."
You can download a copy of the entry form here.
Here are the winners from the previous years.
• Guides & Outfitters
• APHA Board
• Code of Ethics
• Join the APHA
• Guide Membership Benefits
• Liability Insurance
• For Guides
• Awards Program
• Area Attractions
• BOG Comments
• Guiding Economic Impact Study
• APHA Bylaws
PO Box 240971
Anchorage, AK 99524